cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Cable to Playstation

suzanne-styles
Just joined

Hi 

I have two hubs. Can I get internet access from the hub that doesn’t have the wifi connected to it? Need an Ethernet cable for PS gaming

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

If by 'two hubs' you mean one supplied by VM, connected up and working and another that, you've found / bought second hand / been given, then no. Only the current active working one will function - the other one is a door stop.

Hi, no I have had two boxes installed. One downstairs connected to a TV and one upstairs connected to 2nd TV and a Wifi router. Wifi signal dips for gaming, and we would like to know if we can run an ethernet cable from the box downstairs into the Playstation for online games

No you can't only one hub will work

You are free to run Ethernet from you working hub to where you need it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect that the box downstairs is a TiVo rather than a hub and, if so, it cannot provide internet access as its Ethernet port is used for connection to the LAN.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi suzanne-styles

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the confusion here. I can confirm we've not given you two hubs, as this isn't something we would offer or do offer.

It's one account per household. Do you mean your mini box?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill