cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to change DHCP range

Anonymous
Not applicable

Superhub 4.

We are trying to change DHCP range.  We go to Advanced Settings, DHCP and can see the preset start point of 192.168.0.10.  We change the 0 to 14 and press Apply.  We get the error: :"The starting IP address you have entered is used for other functions of the Hub 4. Please enter another."

We have tried the following and get the same error:

192.168.14.x   192.168.15.x  192.168.9.x   192.168.99.x  192.168.199.x

We tried rebooting hub but got same error afterwards.  We can't see how to change this, please can someone help.

17 REPLIES 17

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Use your own router that supports changing the DHCP subnet properly 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi gary/Alessandro

Thanks very much for your advice. I agree that using a different router would work.  Unfortunately we don't have another router which is why we would like to use the interface provided to change the range on this one.

I have used this exact method before to change the IP range on other Virgin routers and it has worked fine.  On this particular router, it does not seem to accept anything other than the default 192.168.0.x range.  Does anybody have an idea how we could make this work?

Per above.

why do you want to change it though?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why want to change it?  We are changing the address because the user is making a VPN connection to a remote network in order to work from home during the pandemic and there is a conflict of network ranges.  Changing the range on the Virgin hub has been the easiest no-cost way to fix this in the past.

Anonymous
Not applicable
if the remove vpn uses 192.168.0.0/24, 192.168.1.0/24 then teh IT guy that set up the VPN/remove network needs firing.

you'll need to get your own router you can't change the subnet on the hubs anymore

@Anonymous wrote:
if the remove vpn uses 192.168.0.0/24, 192.168.1.0/24 then teh IT guy that set up the VPN/remove network needs firing.

you'll need to get your own router you can't change the subnet on the hubs anymore

Going by the OP now being Anonymous they were the IT guy🤐

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable
HAHA maybe they have been fired 😛

sweetpea1234
Joining in

Is there a workaround for changing this setting. I had same issue with other ISP and their router setting with VPN, changed to 192.168.1.xxx and issue solved of dropping VPN. Work IT department is umm, lets not go there. Putting in my own router and such likely to complicate.

I am hoping that the below is not true. 

"Re: Error when trying to change DHCP range
on ‎13-01-2021 22:19

you'll need to get your own router you can't change the subnet on the hubs anymore "

Thanks

Getting your own router is not that hard or to setup you just need to get the right one like

ZyXEL Armor G1 Multi-Gigabit AC2600 WiFi Router - Large Home Coverage. 1 x 2.5Gbps WAN Port, 4 x Gig...

or something cheep

TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 MU-MIMO Wireless Gigabit Cable Router, Wi-Fi Speed Up to 867 Mbps/5 GHz + 3...

---------------------------------------------------------------