Menu
Ele_M
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Engineer

Hi, I wrecked the end of my cable that comes into the house.  I have tried to buy some parts to repair it and had an electrician fix it up for me but the connection is lose.  How do I arrange for an engineer to come out and make the connection good?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer

If it’s “self inflicted” damage you may be liable for a £99 callout charge.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Ele_M
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Well I suppose I'll have to live with it. How do I organise a visit though?
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ring customer services. 

BTW, the cable is Virgin property, if you've caused any problems by your own attempt at fixing it, you might be liable for those too. 

Ele_M
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a telephone number for customer services because I can't find one.  I just keep going round in circles online.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ele_M wrote:

Do you have a telephone number for customer services because I can't find one.  I just keep going round in circles online.

Google shows;

“Just give our Customer Care team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media Phone or from your Mobile, call 0345 454 111”

It should also show details on the website.  There’s also a text service (details should show in these forums when you post messages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
Ele_M
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I went round in circles on the phone also.  So frustrating.  Would a normal TV aerial person be able to sort me out?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ele_M wrote:

I went round in circles on the phone also.  So frustrating.  Would a normal TV aerial person be able to sort me out?

unfortunately not - it has to be a VM engineer.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ele_M wrote:

No. You need a Virgin engineer to do it. They own the cables, and any modifying or damaging etc. of the cabling it against the terms of use.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Here's the text number I mentioned - try that - you need to get a Virgin Technician to do the repairs

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!