Menu
JoshuaPitt1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Engineer

• Hi All,

I understand we are currently in difficult times, but has anyone else had issues with engineers coming out? 

I've taken two days off work to try and get my Internet fixed, with nobody turning up. I work for the NHS and some days have been completely unable to work from home.

I have tried to get through on the phone multiple times for hours with no success, and I have now had a letter explaining my bills is going up. When I have had no TV or broadband for weeks!

Does anybody know a way of contacting them at the moment to get some help?

Thanks 

• Josh
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer

Any messages as to why the engineer is a no-show? If there is a known fault - visits are auto-cancelled.

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Calling in at 08.00 is the best time to get through without long wait times

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help but it can take 5-10 days

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
JoshuaPitt1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer

John thanks for the speedy response really helpful ill look into this. Hopefully someone will pick up the issue in this thread also.

Josh

0 Kudos