cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer did not finish job, unable to contact.

cbarr121
Joining in

Hello

We got Virgin Media installed while our house was getting refurbished. The engineer said he would came but for some reason he did not finish the the job and left a phone number. I have some ethernet cables that need cut and an ethernet plate that needs installed onto the wall. This has been lost and i have no way to contact him. Anybody an insights or advice rather than contacting a call centre in India and going through endless hoops?

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Don't think ethernet/network cables would fall within VM's remit as part of a VM installation. How was this part of the VM installation or are you referring to some cables which are part of your own internal home network?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The techician will install cables from the wall to the Hub, and (if you have a TV contract) to the TV box. Anything else is down to you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Then why did he say he would come back to finish the job?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@cbarr121 wrote:

Then why did he say he would come back to finish the job?

Only the VM tech would be able to answer that question.

Are all your VM services fully installed and working?

My internet is working but he said he would come back at a more convenient time to adjust ethernet cables and put a plate on the wall. Unfortunately I lost his number and when i contact the help centre I get nowhere

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No idea why he said that as its not part of his job.

Customer Service wouldn't have a clue either as such an enquiry wouldn't be on their very limited script. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the installations team on 0800 052 1734

I assume you mean the ethernet cable connection from the Hub to some other device - like a VM TV box or desktop computer - is that correct?

And by plate on the wall do you mean a coax cable plate for the Hub to connect to the outside omnibox?

Someone else should comment but... AIUI its quite common nowadays not to have a plate (or box) on the wall and just have a cable coming in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi cbarr121 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your installation has not been completed.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee