cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer appointment is too far

calvmedia
Joining in

Hi guys, recently lightening struck very near to my house and has seemed to completely fry the virgin media router, I contacted virgin on wednesday and was told to wait until thursday for details on an appointment to install a new router, on thursday they told me the wait would be until Sep 16th, which IMO is already far, however it seems all day friday and saturday people in my street have been having their new routers installed and engineers coming out to them even though they booked their appointment later than I did, how is this possible? why do I have to wait until Friday Sep 16th and others don't?

I tried contacting virgin on the phone and the assistant said that Friday was the earliest possible time, even though I told them there was multiple engineers in my area at the time of calling them, I was LITERALLY within a short distance of one, who we spoke to that said the Friday appointment was too far..?

Despite calling them numerous times they insist that Friday is the earliest, I'm very confused

5 REPLIES 5

Psykewne
Joining in

This sounds just like the situation I'm in, wondering if you could even be on the same grove as me at this rate as I saw a van today at another house...

My current position is that i have been lied to twice about them sending a router out via yodel (which it then turned out they didnt) got a engineer appointment for the 13th which was then cancelled as they were still fixing things in the area despite me explaining that regardless my router needs replacing. They have now taken a full complaint from me and agreed to put it as a priority installation on monday but they are actually going to drop the router off at my parents nearby as i will be at work.

However i've still not received any email confirmation to this so i'm expecting to be ringing them again on monday.

The service for replacing equipment is absolutely awful as they seem to think everyone needs an engineer so won't send out kit by courier.

You have my full sympathy on this. I've wasted 3 evenings and a whole saturday chasing this up at this point.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes the situation is a bit messy and confused.

The reason behind all of this is that VM (like all other "Tech" providers) are having "Hub" or electronic equipment supply issues - for the reasons that have been well reported in the press recently.

So until that is resolved VM are not sending out replacement Hubs on request. A Tech visit is required to confirm the current Hub cannot be fixed and so a replacement is actually required.

The confusion comes when this cross collides with an area where there is or has been a "known fault - because in that situation all Tech visits get auto-cancelled - Catch22!

The offshore CS agents know this and just apply the "rules" somewhat inflexibly it appears to most callers.

I think the best you can do is to keep calling in (first thing in the morning) and seeing if you can get an earlier Tech visit after a cancellation.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yea I'll just try that I suppose for now

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try at 08.01 Mon-Sat & 09.01 Sundays

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi calvmedia,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened with your hub. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to speak with the team and resolve this? 

If not, we can private message you and investigate this for you.

^Martin