cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption key

Sarah2107
Joining in

Hi can someone please help where I can find the encryption key for my wife. Currently setting up a smart tv and not finding anything helpful on the internet on how to find it. Thanks 

** edited it’s the WPA/WPA2 encryption key it’s asking for to connect to the network 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sarah2107 wrote:
  • Hi, it’s the WPA/WPA2 encryption key the tv is asking for 

Encryption key - it’s same as the WiFi password in this context - that’s what it’s asking for

enter the WiFi password shown on the hub into the TV menu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarah2107 wrote:

Hi can someone please help where I can find the encryption key for my wife. Currently setting up a smart tv and not finding anything helpful on the internet on how to find it. Thanks 

Encryption key?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarah2107 wrote:

Do you have a HUB 3?

It will be on the base of the HUB, or there is a removable piece of plastic that has the key printed on it:

Doudar
Fibre optic

Normally printed on the bottom. of the modem.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

338415E9-7A94-45F9-925B-F71A2B91F5AD.jpeg

 this is all that’s on it? Don’t know if I’m missing something? No plastic tag bit either 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarah2107 wrote:

338415E9-7A94-45F9-925B-F71A2B91F5AD.jpeg

 this is all that’s on it? Don’t know if I’m missing something? No plastic tag bit either 

WiFi Password.

@Sarah2107 wrote:

Encryption key - it’s same as the WiFi password in this context - that’s what it’s asking for

enter the WiFi password shown on the hub into the TV menu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thankyou! It was the WiFi password that was required