cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero pro 6 3 pack

Treble1
Fibre optic

If the hub 4 is in modem mode with the eero pro 6 can I still use the hub 4 Ethernet ports or is only one available thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Only one will work.  If more than one thing is plugged in, the hub will connect the first one it recognises, and then ignore anything else.  If you need more ethernet ports, then the best way is usually to connect a fifteen pound "unmanaged gigabit ethernet switch" to the spare ethernet socket on the master Eero unit.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Virgin Media Hubs in Modem Mode only have a single Ethernet port active. They become a modem, no router function.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Only one will work.  If more than one thing is plugged in, the hub will connect the first one it recognises, and then ignore anything else.  If you need more ethernet ports, then the best way is usually to connect a fifteen pound "unmanaged gigabit ethernet switch" to the spare ethernet socket on the master Eero unit.  

Thanks just picked up a 3 pack eero pro 6 £290 del will order a switch of Amazon as well 

Hi @Treble1,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query regarding Eero pro 6 3 pack.

We are glad to see that @Ernie_C and @Andrew-G have been able to help regarding this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Been at it all day I can get them connected in router mode ,but not a chance modem mode I have set the hub up direct via Ethernet to a laptop,it shows as  modem mode but no joy does anybody else have his set up cheers 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given you have proved that the Virgin Media Hub goes into Modem Mode, you’d be better seeking support from eero support.

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057257791-Setting-Up-eero-with-Virgin-Media

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You must turn off the VM hub once it’s in modem mode. Then power up and fully initialise the Eero and finally turn on the VM hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Tudor wrote:

You must turn off the VM hub once it’s in modem mode. Then power up and fully initialise the Eero and finally turn on the VM hub.

Yes this, took me a while to figure this out on my system. Any of the ethernet ports can be used, but for the hub to know which 1 is being used in modem mode, the router that is connected to it needs to be powered on and then the hub turned on.

When its on you cant swap ports as they are disabled, only the ones that are active on boot up stay active.

Thanks will try again this afternoon with a few Peronis merry Xmas all