cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero and VM

Darrenjo76
Joining in

wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Had eero network set up fine, yesterday electricity tripped and since then can't get eero to connect to router at all. Have reset router and put back into router mode to establish gateway bridge, reset all eero devices but still can't get any to connect. Eero suggest contact VM to reset settings during to multiple eero devices not working. Also since the router has come back online my download speed has dropped to around 30mb, well below what I was getting previously 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just make sure nothing else is connected to the hubs Ethernet ports other than the main Eero mesh node.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
The hub needs to be in modem mode not router mode

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Thanks for your reply, the router was initially in modem mode which wasn't working, I then reset the modem and put into router mode as I think this is the correct way for initial set up, once set up you then put into modem mode. I'll try your suggestion again to see if this now works

Just make sure nothing else is connected to the hubs Ethernet ports other than the main Eero mesh node.

Hi there @Darrenjo76

Thank you you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

Also a big thank you to @gary_dexter for their help and advise on this so far! 

Were you able to try the steps suggested? How are things now looking? 

Thank you. 

That did the trick, thought I had done this but had not, completed hard reset on devices and all up and running now