cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo dot 4th gen will NOT connect to hub 4

Craig200985
Tuning in

As the title says my echo dot wont connect. I have seen people say they have had connection dropouts but i cannot connect at all. 
I had no problems on hub 3. Dot connects fine to my personal hotspot. Every other device in the house, phones, tablets, consoles etc. all connect to hub 4 fine. 
I have reset hub 4, de-registered and re-registered echo dot, cleared all saved passwords on amazon account. I have re-named 2.4 and 5 channels separately as i have seen recommended on here. Still nothing works.  

12 REPLIES 12

MULSEY
Joining in

Has anyone come across a fix for this? I have been upgraded to a Superhub 4 from a 3 and now neither of my 3rd gen echo dots will connect. However, my larger 3rd Gen Echo connects fine. Tried everything (& I mean everything) but no luck. So annoying.

Hi there. 

so virgin we’re no help at all to the point that i caved in and talked myself into getting a 3rd party router. 

i’m glad i did as the performance is so much better than the hub4. 

also though when i spoke to amazon technical, they we’re very helpful, they tried all sorts and sent me out a new device in the end. 
the new device connected to the hub 4 fine but i already had the 3rd party router on order at this point. 

interestingly the old echo dot that wouldn’t connect to the hub 4 will connect fine to me new router and the new echo dot connects to both no problem.

its a crap work around but getting the 3rd party hub was the best thing i did, the freedom it allows is so much greater than the hub4

hi

Just to add my 2022 Echo Dot immediately connected to VM 200mb then more recently 1gb Fibre.

Had some initial fun with g9 smart bulbs, though everything seems to be fine until I blew my new Tp Link A 3000 router.