cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early delivery text?

lizzyfreeman
Tuning in

Hi, I chose to receive my self-install kit on the 5th July, but I received a text saying that it would arrive early and that I would get £150 in my account as a thank-you. I won't be moving in before the 4th July so I can't receive it before then. Will Virgin tell me when it is planning to drop off my kit? Please help, it's urgent! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

I think the carrier (Yodel) gives you a two hour delivery slot on the day of delivery.

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

I think the carrier (Yodel) gives you a two hour delivery slot on the day of delivery.

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Hi Bill, thanks for that!

Hi @lizzyfreeman

Thanks for posting, welcome to both the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

That SMS is if you accept early install, if you replied saying no, don't worry about it, it'll be on the day arranged but sadly would mean no £150. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply! My kit is due to arrive today and I received a text from Virgin saying that Yodel would be in touch with a 2 hour delivery slot, but I haven't had a text yet and it's now 1pm. When can I expect to receive the text?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update lizzyfreeman,

May I ask have you received the kit as of yet?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Thank you for the reply. The kit hasn't arrived yet. I rescheduled it via Yodel and it is supposed to arrive on Monday 4th July. Will I still get the £150 credit given that the original date that I chose was 5th July?

Thanks,

Lizzy

Hi Lizzy, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Usually you would only get the credit if the delivery has taken place on the day scheduled. I can take a look at the account to see if the credit is showing for you. To do this I will need to pass data protection though. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs