Menu
alesha2008
Tuning in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

E15 no broadband or tv for 2 WEEKS!!!

This is beyond ridiculous now.

During the snow storm on Feb 27/28 i had intermittent internet and broadband service, which i didn't expect to be affected by fibre optic, but i accepted as in the past it would be up and running in a few hours or a day or two MAX. 

On the 2nd March, the internet was completely down. I checked the online service faults and it said it would be up and running at 5pm.......then it said 9pm......then 3rd March at 10am.....then 3pm....then 5pm.....and it has been this way every day for the last 2 WEEKS!!!!! 

I have used up all my mobile data trying to accommodate, but this is beyond a joke now. Anytime you call up, you get sent around the bend on silly automated messages with no positive end in sight. Even 10 minutes after the "known fault" is supposed to be fixed by this imaginary engineer, no internet or TV. The online chat is never working...there's no other way to get information......no virgin media vans in the area either......?

Who is fixing this? When will it be resolved?

What's more annoying is that nowhere on the website does it state that the service is down until you log in. I think that is pathetic. Virgin Media hasn't even stated what this fault they know about is that has affected its customers. Just has us in the dark......

I know im not the only one being affected as I've asked around my neighbourhood. 

As a custoner for over 5 years......2 weeks without internet, TV (and phone at times - which never use) i expect a half price bill discount at the end if this. 

mizzo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: E15 no broadband or tv for 2 WEEKS!!!

Yes, no service in E15!

0 Kudos
alesha2008
Tuning in
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Just called them again today.

Apparently, they had to get permission from the local council to do some digging and get the problem fixed. They should have just told customers this.....that way we could be bugging the council instead of VM.....if I hadn't have been persistent, i wouldn't have received that answer. Ridiculous really.

ntejura
Tuning in
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Same here, my elderly mother has had no services since the 1/3, she relies on the landline alot and does not like mobiles, the online status keep being updated for a fix to be completed by 4pm that day, then 4pm the next day and so on. we have had no communication from VM and this is frankly shocking, today I login and find that my bill has been raised and I have been give a £5 for the loss of service so let me get this straight, noo TV, BB or phone for 13 days results in a £5 off my bill.

Would like to hear from others in the E15 area .

Tudor
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately VM seem very reticent to ever explain why an outage has occurred. If they gave out the reason, and I appreciate that they cannot give out timelines, it would help to keep customers a little happier. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
Padst
Tuning in
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Same with me.

No internet since 01/03

call many time and the answer always the same.

“We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.”

will be sorted tomorrow and when  tomorrow comes  then is the following day and so on for two weeks 

Unbelievable how a company like VM takes so long to sort an issue.

0 Kudos
Padst
Tuning in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

I still without internet so I was wandering if I still the same with you.

I think I will be cancelling my contract I had enough 

Please let me know 

thanks 

0 Kudos
FES123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Internet and TV still down for me for day 16. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Apparently it was linked to the burst pipe on the Maryland Rd/Leytonstone Rd junction.  That was repaired a few days ago so no idea what is causing the delay now.  

Anyone else able to get an update from virgin? (apart from their usual comment "an engineer is on their way") 

0 Kudos
Padst
Tuning in
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just call them and no news what so ever apart from it will be sorted tomorrow and they can’t tell me for sure why is taking so long.

in regards to the pipe only burst in the beginning of this week so really this is not the case. But they are doing road works so you never know 

It’s unbelievable 

i am losing my patience 

0 Kudos
FES123
Tuning in
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous.  I haven't seen a single engineer in the area so I think it will be a while before it's back up. 

The pipe burst at the beginning of March,  as that was when I first notified Thames Water. 

0 Kudos