cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual personality using HUB 4

chrisjames
Up to speed

This forum is great for answers to problematic issues. Thanks to all those who know for replying. 

My latest issue that my phone is now picking up two WiFi connections with the same name.

I'll call my WiFi "Billy Boy". In the list of available networks, two entries come up for Billy Boy. When I click on one to make it my current network it reads "Connected" under that heading. When I click on the other one instead it reads "Connected via Virgin Media Connect". What is the difference? I really only want one of the two for practical reasons I won't go into.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chrisjames 

Does the second connection disappear if you log out of the VM Connect app?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chrisjames 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @chrisjames 

It's there even when there are no apps open. I should have mentioned that this has only just happened in the last week or so and it was just before I got my first Bud so I can't blame that!

.@newapollo
Update: Today I checked my wife's phone - this second connection did not show up on hers. Even though I had force stopped the Virgin Connect app it had to be an app that was causing the problem so I uninstalled the Virgin Connect app and it went. I am so grateful to you, your solution was spot on, so thanks so much!!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @chrisjames 

Thanks for the update - pleased it's all working as it should now without causing any worries.

I reckon you should have another Bud to celebrate beating the system. Apps often have a mind of their own, same with browsers

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks Dave but I really don't need another Bud - my speed all over my 3 bed house + garage is nearly 300. This is a big improvement on the boosters from Virgin it replaced, I'm not sure they were even worth having, but maybe that was down to my old wiring. The Bud is superb and recommended (just as long as it keeps working!) providing you have a package where it comes free.