cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping packets again

Excite120
Joining in

Hi thank you for looking into this appreciate the help!

The internet speed is fine but having major issues past 2 days with dropped packets. which last between 2-4 hours each time it happens. I stream on a daily basis, so I really can't do this with this going on.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b459ddcbe2a9f52d7956b50ff39f01b3f7a1e694-08-07-2021

I was starting to stream now and I was already losing 65% of my packets.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Excite120,

Thanks for popping back, sorry to hear you've still been having some issues.

Looking at the first BQM you sent, everything looks fine, obviously except for the streaks of packet loss on two occasions. However this could possibly be due to hub updates or if you've rebooted the hub. On this end everything is looking normal and no real issues. I'm afraid that I'm unable to view your second BQM graph as I receive an error 404.

Can you please expand on what sort of issues you've been experiencing so we can go from there?

Thanks 🙂

Beth

Beth

Badday.png

^ This was on the day that it started. On the right after is when i was trying to stream at 1080p. So i had to drop to 720 hence why those red streaks are lower than this day. Previous when it got fixed and when i wasn';t having issues there were no red drops.. not even tiny drops as seen from the picture below. So as you can see there is an issue and it's not normal to have those red lines at the top. Even if its a little it effects when you're streaming. 

perfect.png

Thanks for attaching those screenshots of the BQM.

Yes you're absolutely right, I can see all the red at the top which shouldn't be there at all. Along with the other big block of packet loss on the first image. 

I'll need to arrange an engineer visit for this so it can be looked at more closely. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and arrange this with you.

Thanks

Beth

Beth