Menu
Sueball1235
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dropping of WiFi upstairs and no signal on mobile

Hi 

over the past month or so I’ve been having problems with my WiFi upstairs, it’s doesn’t seem to to connect to anything even tho it’s saying it’s connected.

also over the past couple of weeks have been having problems with the signal on my mobile in my house never had the problem before. 

0 Kudos
Ptolemaeus
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping of WiFi upstairs and no signal on mobile

Hello! Don't worry, as it is a very common issue for the hub 3.0 (which is what I assume you have in your premise, otherwise please let me know). You can either try to add the device in the hub's DHCP table by going in "Advanced settings" and then "DHCP". There, you simply have to find it amongst the list of all devices (could take a minute or two to load) and then assign it a specific IP.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest resetting your hub to its factory default settings. To do so, you simply have to look behind it where there's going to be a small pinhole. Above the pinhole it will say "Reset" so you can't really miss it. You simply have to hold down the button inside the pinhole for a full minute. After those 60 seconds, you just have to leave the hub be for 10 to 15 minutes and it should be working fine afterwards.

Please let us know if it still doesn't work after that.

0 Kudos
Sueball1235
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thank you for replying. Going to ask a silly question but where do I go to get the hub dhcp?

0 Kudos
Ptolemaeus
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's not a silly question at all. To get there, you first need to connect to your hub. Here's an article that explains how to do so https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub.

Once you're done with those steps, just look under "Advanced Settings" and then "DHCP". What I mentioned would then be at the bottom of the page under "Reserved IP addresses". You'll just need to wait for the list of devices to show up and then select the right one. The beginning of the IP will be 192.168.0 and the end depends on you. It can be anything between 2 to 255. I would however recommend something like 50 or 100.

Good luck and let us know if it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The hubs are cheap with wireless hardware that gets worse over time VM may give you a new hub or they will just try and sell you a booster that will not solve the issue.

The Ethernet ports on the other hand are better wearing so you can get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

On another note DHCP has nothing to do with poor WiFi

0 Kudos