cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection

Tankgirl
On our wavelength

Last couple of weeks getting loads of dropped connections throughout the day - sometimes just a few minutes each. As other users have said it’s makes working from home hard (I use citrix and everything freezes).

current monitoring details below - I’m sorry don’t get the technical side of what I’m looking at here but I’ve had help on the forum before

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a4a82aa9e4bc5666f3d08de126415bb25028ab3b-20-05-2021]My Broadband Ping[/url]

43 REPLIES 43

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Can you confirm the question above? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Tankgirl
On our wavelength

Hi

yes the devices connected via Ethernet are dropping off at the same time as far as I can tell 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you once again for your post.

I have checked the network and there are no issues there.

Do you have a BQM set up? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Tankgirl
On our wavelength
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fc858ef7c7e28059aa48c5e69f8186163a6dd7a2-02-06-2021

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us with an update @Tankgirl

Sorry to see the latency spikes and drop outs on your BQM.

Can you please perform a Pinhole reset on your Hub by following these exact instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

This will remove all devices that are registered on the Hub, you can then readd the ones you use which may help alleviate the issues 🙂 This will be a factory reset on your Hub, so make sure to write down any passwords beforehand.

Best wishes,

Serena

And make sure the settings password is visible before you do this!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks @lotharmat !

Yes, @Tankgirl - please make sure you can see the settings password before you do the pinhole reset as well.

Let me know how you get on!

Serena

Tankgirl
On our wavelength

Hi

had a family bereavement so this hasn’t been top of my list but reset done tonight so I’ll let you know if it improves 
Thanks

Sorry to hear this @Tankgirl.

Please let us know how the reset goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tankgirl
On our wavelength
  • So far it actually seems worse
    Not able to sustain any teams calls & WiFi boosters flashing red with no internet connection upstairs now at all.

no better with laptop directly into hub via Ethernet - just message telling me internet connection is unstable 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0ae7e86757f22beba5a968ed10a393bd584e86b3