cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping broadband signal

jaligwekwe
Joining in

I am currently on OOMPH 350 and in the middle of a zoom meeting or watching tv or WhatsApp call or internet browsing the signal just drops for a few seconds and then comes back , it happens so often it can be quite frustrating . Please any advice is welcome . Is this normal because it seems the higher and supposed better broadband I got the worse the service has become .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jaligwekwe 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have this morning checked the network in the local area and everything seems clean as a whistle,  please can you set up the BQM as requested in post number 2.  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is that with a WiFi or ethernet connection to the Hub?

To check for broadband dropouts, set up a free BQM and post a link here.  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @jaligwekwe 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

How are things looking since your post? Have there been any improvements?  Did you manage to set up a BQM as previously advised? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No I still haven’t sorted it out . It’s quite frustrating. For example I am sending this message with my mobile data because as I was typing it started dropping on and off so I switched to data . Please help. I am paying so much because my business  is virtual sometimes in the middle of a zoom meeting I switch to data just to stay stable . I wish I knew how to book an engineer to come and check it out. I am fairly new to virgin so struggling a bit to understand how their service works , unfortunately so far not impressed . I have increased my broadband from 100 to 350 and still no joy. Please do assist if you can .  Thank you . 

It’s with an Ethernet connection to the hub I hope that’s right because I presume you are referring to my connection to the wall socket where the system feeds the house ? Please clarify . Thank you 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jaligwekwe 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have this morning checked the network in the local area and everything seems clean as a whistle,  please can you set up the BQM as requested in post number 2.  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

@jaligwekwe wrote:

It’s with an Ethernet connection to the hub I hope that’s right because I presume you are referring to my connection to the wall socket where the system feeds the house ? Please clarify . Thank you 

How is the device that you are using connected to your network?

Is there a cable running from your device (laptop etc) to the Hub or are you connected with WiFi?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

My devices are all connected via WiFi I don’t have any devices connected directly to the hub . Thank you for clarifying. 

Thank you will attempt the BQM . 

Please find attached a result for a BQM test done hope this can help . https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1625997786477464055