cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts

coypu
On our wavelength

I keep getting intermittent drop outs while streaming Deezer. I have contacted Deezer and they say there is nothing untoward their end, and they believe the fault lies with my internet provider.

I just wondered if any one else has experienced dropouts while using a streaming service. I reside in the Bedfordshire area.

Cheers

coypu

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only on Deezer - and are they evident only on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

coypu
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Thanks for your very fast reply. The dropouts happen every hour or so and last approx 30 seconds then the stream comes back on , I'm using a Hub 3.0 then an Ethernet cable connected to my Raspberry pi 4. Some days It's not as bad as others, but it is very annoying. It only seems to affect Deezer.

coypu.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So if everything else connects fine on ethernet cables and wifi and they dont drop out (correct?)
then it has to be due to how you are connecting to Deezer.

Do you have to use the Pi? Can you just test it on another device to see if that may be the source of the issue?

What Hub model is it and what are the lights showing/doing when it happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

coypu
On our wavelength

Hi John,

I have connected to Deezer on my PC using an ethernet cable which runs Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and I still experience dropouts.

The light on the Hub 3.00 shows a steady white light at the bottom of the hub. I have rebooted the Hub several times but that doesn't make any difference.

Using the internet and streaming Netflix works fine, so this makes me think it's a Deezer issue, but they keep saying the fault is not at their end.

I will take up the issue again with Deezer and see what they say. It could be the fact that I only use Linux....I don't use Microsoft Windows so I can't test deezer with another OS.

Cheers

coypu  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi coypu,

I don't know if this page is any use to you. https://en.deezercommunity.com/ideas/when-will-deezer-come-to-the-linux-platform-70439 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

coypu
On our wavelength

Thanks for that Dave.....will check out the link you sent me.

Cheers

coypu.

Hi there @copyu

Thank you so much for your post and a big thank you to @newapollo and their guidance. 

I just wanted to see if you have been able to speak to Deezer since your last post and if so what advise had been given? 

Thanks again.