cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop outs latency and no conx

timbo5
Tuning in

I get frequent drop outs when connecting a smart TV just a few feet away. Constantly pausing during TV streams or when connected to iPads.

Gaming drops outs too on the Xbox. No coverage upstairs despite it being a small house and have to use a mesh extender.

Speed checks nearly always show 200mbs yet the reality doesn’t reflect that.

6 REPLIES 6

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
If the speed is consistent then the issue is likely congestion.

Use a wifi scanner to pick some channels for each wifi band that are the least congested

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I found out the problem- Virgin Media supply terrible equipment. The infrastructure is great but the end terminals they give to customers eg; the Hub3, not so much.

I discovered thousands of complaints online about this and so purchased a new router from Amazon for £60. I didn’t really want to do this as one should expect everything to work- but is the next few weeks going round in circles with customer service really worth it? On this occasion, no.

The new router is flying. Better coverage in the house, better gaming, lower latency- overall greater consistency.

Do yourself a favour and buy a new router 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could connect the TV with an Ethernet cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Timbo5,

Thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with dropouts in your service. 

I have looked on our systems and I am unable to run any tests as you are in modem mode, if you could turn this off we would be able to assist further to see if there are any issues on our end.

Zoie

Thanks Tudor but the TV drop out was just one of many issues.

I would expect a better Conx via an Ethernet however it is neither an appropriate or acceptable solution 

Thanks.

It’s because I’m no longer using the Hub3 for Wi-Fi. I’ve plugged in a new device and I won’t look back.