cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream / upstream Db levels

WaveyDave2021
Tuning in

Hi Everyone,

So I've been having fun tonight with my internet connection up and down like a yo-yo. Having read some of the other posts, and before I deal with the inevitable 'have you tried switching it on and off' conversation could anyone help me out by telling me if this looks like a problem...

The downstream bonded channel power (marked dBmV) is between 6.3 and 4.3.

The downstream bonded RxMER is near constant at 40.9.

Upstream bonded (dBmV) is between 46.5 and 39.5.

Lots of T3 timeouts (ranges from 80-25 Ch 1 to ch 4)

And in the network log: RCS partial service warnings; critical no ranging response received T3 timeout; critical sync timing synchronisation failure - loss of sync.

I would post the tables as text, or use a broadband monitor, but.....I cannot connect to the internet....

Best wishes,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Nothing in those figures that we can conclude any fault from.  If it's all occurred suddenly, could well be an area fault in which case it should attract a fault reference and prompt fix time.  Your quickest way forward is (sadly) VM's diabolical telephone support.  Staff here can take a look, but response times are a day or three as this isn't first line support.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Nothing in those figures that we can conclude any fault from.  If it's all occurred suddenly, could well be an area fault in which case it should attract a fault reference and prompt fix time.  Your quickest way forward is (sadly) VM's diabolical telephone support.  Staff here can take a look, but response times are a day or three as this isn't first line support.

Thank you - I was having trouble working out what 'normal' was.

Seems to be less of a problem this morning with only one wobble. I'll have to go check outside, and keep an eye on the internet.

Best wishes,

Dave