Menu
rossvalentine19
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Download speed is so slow

hi there im just wondering if anyone can help my download speed is honestly so slow for the package i have and i have no idea why it goes from 22mb/s down to 2mb/s the 0mb/s and its really frustrating can anyone help ? 

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed is so slow

how are you testing the speed? from a wired device or over wireless? if the latter, you need to conduct the test using a device that is cabled into the router over ethernet..

0 Kudos
rossvalentine19
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yeah its my Pc its hooked up to the modem via the ethernet cable and the download speed is ridiculously slow ive ran a speed test and its says its fine but its taking hours for simple things to down load 

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ok, so next steps are to set up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

Next, browse to your hub on  http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @rossvalentine19,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds on both wired and WiFi connections!

Can you update us on this issue and let us know if you've set up a BQM chart to monitor your connection as suggested by @sophist?

I was able to locate your account and run through some checks for you. I can see that you're having some downstream connection issues. A technician will be needed to look into this issue further. 

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details with you before I can book the technician. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos