cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the hub4 improve latency?

Alpystar
Joining in

I have had to upgrade my package to 1gig in order to get the hub 4. I currently have the hub3 with 500mbs but my wired connections have had really bad latency and has effected my gaming.

Has anyone experienced improving with the hub4 when it comes to the latency and improved wired connection into devices.

I really hope i can game in 120hz with more joy. its been terrible so far!

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Nope good latency depends on how low utilisation is for your area
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Does that mean how much people are using the internet in the area? How do I improve this?

Latency has nothing to do with broadband speeds.

Note that cable broadband doesn't provide the best latency. Having said that, if your ping is much worse than, say, 10 ms using Ookla's speed test then you have a problem which should be investigated.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I’ve had an engineer come 2weeks ago and said my line is fine. But explained I have few devices and he said the hub 4 will fix my gaming latency issues. 

I just don’t know how to fix this, I just want to game properly 

@Alpystar wrote:

I’ve had an engineer come 2weeks ago and said my line is fine. But explained I have few devices and he said the hub 4 will fix my gaming latency issues. 

I just don’t know how to fix this, I just want to game properly 

No. A hub 4 will not help your latency, I know from experience that it will do nothing to help.

A package 'upgrade' will also not help with your latency so dont even think about it.

You need to set up a BQM (like in my signature) and copy and paste all the stats from your router.

THEN we will be able to see if and what the problem is.

However, before you do you should know that virgins network it probably the worst for low latency and latency variation.

In gaming a steady low ping is all that matters, virgins it the worst for that kind of thing....

They are also the worst for customer service,

Reliability,

Support, 

Lying,

Price,

In fact, I can't think of anything they are good for.

Hi this is my BQM how do i export the other information?

MY PING.png

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up dont login (unless you have the Hub4/5 - when you do login) just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4) or top/right (SH’s) of the Login page and then Navigate to these “pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts