cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a problem in CR8.

Clarke99
Tuning in

Mines  xx been down over a week every day I get a email saying it will be fixed tomorrow. a mail everyday for 12 days

cuts service hopeless they just repeat what the mail stated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much for the info. As I stated the service has been down for 19 days now. As of 1.30 today it’s still not fixed.  I am expecting another daily email today informing me that it will be fixed tomorrow 

catch 22 comes to mind

at least I should get £8.40x19 as compensation ?????

I would rather have service 

thanks once again for getting back to me 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_________

ry the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate. See below..

Faults may not be listed on the Area Status web page. Areas are not Geographic” they are "legacy billing" areas) and as such that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers across the country. So 0800 may give you more info, on local issues - but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

For info on getting compensation for total loss of service... see these

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you very much

have called the tel number numerous times - can’t do anything else than tell me there is a fault in the post code

daily emails tell me it will be fixed tomorrow (had 15 of these to date )

I have the fault code but no one knows what it means (F010447776)

have given up outage calling India or South Africa - it’s sole destroying 

Hi @Clarke99 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the service you are having. 😞
I've had a look and I can see there is what we call an SNR fault present in the area, SNR being a signal to noise ratio issue.

SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system).

The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates he amount of work required and the time frame for resolution.

The estimated repair date for this fault is for the 21st February at 10am with the reference: F010447776. Check back after and let us know how the connection is.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you very much for the info. As I stated the service has been down for 19 days now. As of 1.30 today it’s still not fixed.  I am expecting another daily email today informing me that it will be fixed tomorrow 

catch 22 comes to mind

at least I should get £8.40x19 as compensation ?????

I would rather have service 

thanks once again for getting back to me 

In the same situation here and the fix date has now been pushed back 7 days without any additional context to 28th February.

Surely there should be a level of explanation and accurate timeline given without having to dig through the forums?

Hey Clarke99, thank yo for reaching out and I am sorry to hear the SNR outage has been extended.

I can also see you have been in contact with the team since this post, did they manage to get this all resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for tracking this.  
problem fixed 22 Feb. no explanation of what the problem was or why it took so long 

all service was it from the 5-22 feb 

Fingers  crossed