cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Virgin have the worst customer service in the History of the World? How to I make a formal complaint

Reluctantly
Tuning in

Every time I get ready to call virgin media the muscles in my back get tight with stress and I feel a panic attack is not far away. This seems like a system designed only to torment you. 

I am leaving the country in one month and I simply want to register my leaving date with virgin and cancel my broadband. This should be a simple enough process, 5 minutes? Ten minutes at most?

I called virgin customer services at 6pm this evening and got into a queue with music playing, after 20 minutes the line went dead. I repeated this three times, so that's an hour of waiting listening to music plus the time it takes to go through the menu/enter your details. The fourth time I tried a different route through the process (I selected the option of wanting to "discuss leaving" instead of "wanting to leave") - this time after 20 minutes I got through to someone who told me that they could not do it for me but that they would transfer me to their disconnection department that could help me. After another 20 minute wait listening to music another person answered, she said she would have to get someone to do it and that it wouldn't be long - I was put on hold for another ten minutes then she came back to tell me she was still there and that it wouldn't be long - after another ten minutes the music stopped and the line went completely quiet although I was still connected - I stayed on the line hoping that someone would eventually take my call, after five minutes or so of silence I heard some keyboard typing on the other end of the line just before the line went completely dead. I tried to call again but was met with an automated response saying that the lines were now closed for the evening. 

My first call was made at 6pm and it's now 9:18 pm and I am no better than I was when I started more than three hours ago. 

Can anyone tell me where to direct a formal complaint?

I also wondered if anyone knew what the implications would be of just cancelling my direct debit immediately? I have after all committed over three hours this evening trying to inform virgin of my leaving date. Am I to assume from their response to my calls this evening that they do not need to know????

104 REPLIES 104

Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't think VM is the worst but they sure are not hte best

comnut
On our wavelength

Ohhhh, dery me...  the main 'problem' is that this place is like the butchers..  you tell them, my internet is not working, and he (stupidly!) says 'well my virgin internet has never had problems...'  and the hail of rants he gets make him wish he had not said anything...

Just like you *never* seem to see any doctors or computer people down the 'local' - they know the above, and pretend they are something else, wanting a **quiet** evening...

comnut
On our wavelength

You may have heard great **stories** about hyperfast gigabit internet from BT...  IN FOUR YEARS TIME!!

PLEASE note that buying a super-fast sports car may seem fantastic, until you realise that you are limited by speed restrictions and road quality, to say nothing about other cars getting in the way!!! ... 😮 and regret spending so much!!! 😞

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/12/why-buying-gigabit-broadband-doesnt-always-deliver-1gb...

Also NOTE: the 'speedtest' apps use a 'special line' that ONLY connects to a special server to test, they test the line, not the internet.

to test your 'actual internet speed' thinkbroadband provide some LARGE files for you to check the download time, so get your stopwatch ready!! 🙂 🙂

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download

VM Support sucks. Getting hold of them is, indeed, torture.

Hi @jemmarsh,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way. May I ask why?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

They probably phoned up at peak times and got through to an offshore call centre..

That combination is enough to try the patience of a saint!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

anita1107
Joining in

hello

ive been contacting them non stop since april with no joy and also raised a complaint and all i get is someone will call me back and they dont and each time i call them i have to waste my time explaining it over and over again.

customers services is ridiculoua

Hey @anita1107,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I can take a further look into this for you but we would need to pass account security via a private message, which I will drop over in a moment and we can get started looking into this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

Bucky897
On our wavelength

Far and away and without a shadow of a doubt they do. Possibly in the history of all worlds in the Universe tbh

So very true.

The shocking thing is that they have been like this for years and nothing has been done to improve their customer service.