Menu
woody0111
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy connection and hub settings password doesn't work

Hi,

For the last few months the hub 3.0 is dropping it's WiFi all the time. Its getting pretty annoying seeing as we really on it for security cam in my disabled daughters room. I saw about changing the GHz settings on another post but when I've tried to access the hubs settings it says the password printed on the unit is incorrect. 

At a bit of a loss what to do now!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dodgy connection and hub settings password doesn't work

There are 2 passwords on the base of the hub - have you tried them both?  You can do a pinhole reset as well - make sure the pin is pressed in properly and hold it for at least 30 seconds (some say a minute is needed).  When it reboots it will have the (correct!) password on the base so you should be able to access it to rename the ssid's.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi woody0111,

Did jbrennand's reply help? If you have any further issue - reset not working for instance or GUI password still not allowing access - please update on here and I'll get a replacement unit sent out to you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
woody0111
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great that's sorted it. Dunno what was up with the password but the Dodgy connect seems to be the 2.4ghz/5ghz. I've just set it to 2.4 and everything seems better for now. Cheers

0 Kudos