Menu
beanieboy182
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do my Router stats look off ?? I have a quite high Power Level (dBmV) 6.41 on DS-1

Just a quick question on if my power levels on my router look ok ???

I have reset the Pre RS errors and Post RS errors but my Power Level (dBmV) 6.41

Capture.PNG

Also yes i know im on a old router and that is the way i like it as this does not have the problem with the latency like the new super hubs...I went through a special branch to even get this router.

Any advice on the power levels would be great! thanks!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do my Router stats look off ?? I have a quite high Power Level (dBmV) 6.41 on DS-1

I take it that’s a downstream level, 10 is the permissible top level so that’s ok.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
beanieboy182
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do my Router stats look off ?? I have a quite high Power Level (dBmV) 6.41 on DS-1

Yes at the top of the photo screenshot it says "Downstream" Smiley Very Happy

I have heard that 6 dBmV is pretty high for a power level so that is why i am asking if mine looks ok ?

Also i have heard that the closer you are to 0 the better ??

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Allowable downstream power level is -6 to +10, and yes 0 is ideal, but not many people have that if you look at the posted stats (good and bad) on the board..

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos