cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do VirginMedia Know What They Are Doing?

gordon861
Dialled in

OK, so after the out of the blue email the other week regarding the Hub5 which everyone swore blind didn't exist.  It arrived, it's plugged in and not made a massive difference.

And then Virgin/O2 announce/launch Volt (sort of), again no one seems to know what it is.  But after talking to O2 who seem a bit better informed, I get my O2 data on my phone doubled (no idea what the hell I'm going to do with 100GB though, normally use 2GB), and it turns out the Virgin part of the deal is to shift your broadband speed up to the next tier so M200 become M350.

So after a few calls asking how I get this upgrade they issue a ticket and will get back to me, and today they did.

Email comes in saying that my package now includes Volt M350 and the speed should be going up, not sure how long that's going to take to actually happen though as SpeedTest still says it's M200.

But the real fun comes around lunch today with a text "... your new Virgin kit will arrive on Thu 11 Nov ...", what the hell is going on?  Re-looking at the attachment to the email, it looks like they are sending me a new VirginMedia Hub3!

They just sent me a Hub5 less than two weeks ago, I still have the old Hub3 here that I told them I planned to hang onto until I was satisfied that the new Hub5 was fit for purpose.

I thought the whole point of sending the Hub5 to current Hub3 customers was to try and bring the older customer base more up to date.  If so how is this achieved if they are still sending out new Hub3's?

So I ask again, based on the last couple of weeks, does anyone think Virgin have a clue what they are doing?

21 REPLIES 21

Omen_Data_Syste
On our wavelength

I used to work for them as an engineer when it was NTL and they were very good back then in the 90's but now they have outsourced all the call centres to South Africa, Phillipines and India and give the engineers tight timescales, basic tools and terrible training they dont even know to put shoe protectors on when they come into a house with a white carpet (whaaat) - my neighbour Phil had them out and ended up with dog jobby on his carpet and he had to clean it up as well!

What is wrong with British workmen its 50% effort for 100% pay while tey spend most of the day smoking B&H in the van whilst they browse facebook and pron on their extended 3 hour lunch breaks!

So in answer to your question the answer is a big "YES" but take heart it could be worse my friend it could be Talktalk and dealing with the dummies at Openreach now that is worse!

We're pleased to hear this has been resolved for you @gordon861, do please come back to us if you require any further assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn