cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I HAVE to use my Super Hub 4?

Burakiosaurus
On our wavelength

Question surrounding the Super Hub 4, which I was offered the free upgrade for and took. 

I have not yet set it up after reading all the bad reviews and bad experiences people are having with it. 

Earlier tonight, my internet cut off and has not come back (typing this using my phone's 4G tethered).

My Question is (and I hope the forum team can answer this) is that, does my current Super Hub 3 become obsolete and stop working once I've ordered the Super Hub 4? 

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Kind regards,

Burak 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Probably as when a new Hub is activated the old one is simultaneously de-activated

To check, just plug in the Hub4 and see if it is working - if it is, you are on the Hub4. What is worrying you about it? Were you experiencing connection issues?

I suspect you are not on the 1GB package and you have been offered it because VM have recognised you are in a problematic" location where the extra connection features should help any connection issues.

It "is" possible to go back to a Hub3 if you can argue a good case to do so.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

I have plugged in my Super Hub 4 and am waiting for it to go to the ‘dimmed white light’ for 5 minutes before testing it out.

It is a horrendous and ugly design and I can see the big white banded light being an issue already.

I was quite happy with my Super Hub 3, just this afternoon I was getting 300mbps download over WiFi in my converted attic room. I’m on the M500 package, so that’s not bad really. 

Not really sure if I’m a problematic area, or if I just got lucky With the upgrade and they are preparing to roll out 1 GB here soon and up sell me 🙂

You only ever hear the horror stories with the new hub, so am willing to give it a go to see how it performs. 

Thank you for the advice.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can turn the light ring down or off completely via the Admin page.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Ben,

I thought that should be an option.

Any idea how to access the admin page of the Router? Couldn’t find anything in the instructions that came with it.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Look on the bottom. Details are on the label there.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Burak! I know this is an old thread but if you still don't want your Super Hub 4 and have managed to get the Super Hub 3 working, I'd be happy to buy the Super Hub 4 from you. Or part-trade for a Super Hub 3 🙂

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You cannot buy or sell any VM Hub. They are the property of Virgin Media. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And they would never activate it onto your account.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@yuvs0 wrote:
Hi Burak! I know this is an old thread but if you still don't want your Super Hub 4 and have managed to get the Super Hub 3 working, I'd be happy to buy the Super Hub 4 from you. Or part-trade for a Super Hub 3 🙂

I ended up buying a Netgear Orbi 2 pack and plugging it into my Super Hub 4.

Now my Wi-Fi is pretty 500mbps Down / 40mbps up anywhere in the house!