cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disruptive work during office hours

erki123
On our wavelength

For the 2nd time in two weeks, I've received a text stating there will be disruption in my area on the 19th Oct. 

My questions are, why are you doing this work during the day time? Like a lot of others, I work from home and no internet connectivity means that my work and my customers suffer. I have no backup connection to another provider and I can't just take a day off, because you have decided to mess around with the network again. 

What compensation do I receive for this disruption? 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you on the Business package - or just the Residential one?

If residential there will be no compensation at all (see below). If Business, you will have a service level agreement that will detail that for you - what does it state

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

erki123
On our wavelength

Thank you for the response. I, like many, am on a residential package, so I understand that there will be no compensation and given Virgin Media are a customer of my companies, I'll just add some margin to their next order to make up for the disruption.

But, the point stands, why do this type of work during the day?

Because VM techs are unreasonable. They expect to spend their evenings and weekends at home with their families.

At least they have given you notice. My pet hate is my Internet goes down mid meeting. Look out the window and thre is a tech with his head in a hole.

His response when I express my anger "I cannot knock on every door and tell them I am disconnecting them" my response "I have to tell my users before I take down a system, and get an OK. No difference"

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

erki123
On our wavelength

VM Techs, unreasonable, never. 

This does seem to be a unique issue to Virgin Media (after a small survey amongst colleagues) who use other providers and don't have this issue. 

Whilst I'm not expecting any official response, City Fibre are only 3 months away from enabling there service in there road and they don't do day work.