cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disposal off equipment.

JayMcB79
On our wavelength

Got my new router sent out. Superhub 5 its great 👍

I didn't get any information about recycling old router. Called 789 and was told to take it to the local dump.

The guy stated make sure to take to a local dump and not just dump in a normal bin.

All that being said and done, I'm now getting emails and text about sending the old hub back.

But is gone to the dump and just wouldn't be recoverable.

Any advice please 😁

6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Tuning in
You should have had a return label in the box and the box had a labelled section to put the old hub back in..

Not sure if VM will charge you for the old hub....

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub model is the old one?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JayMcB79 wrote:

Got my new router sent out. Superhub 5 its great 👍

I didn't get any information about recycling old router. Called 789 and was told to take it to the local dump.

The guy stated make sure to take to a local dump and not just dump in a normal bin.

All that being said and done, I'm now getting emails and text about sending the old hub back.

But is gone to the dump and just wouldn't be recoverable.

Any advice please 😁

Equipment VM wants back is here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

although occasionally some topics do mention requests for obsolete equipment to be returned.

If it is an obsolete item, the VM forum team may be able to help when they reply here within a few days.

JayMcB79
On our wavelength

It was a SH4. That's why I was surprised 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its NOT a Superhub4 it is a plain old Hub4

If you used the term "Superhub" on the phone then the offshore agent probably assumed it was a "Superhub" (1,2,2ac) and defaulted to saying "send to recycle".

Deffo send the Hub4 back or you will be charged for it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's was a hub4 and it's already in the dump. That's what I was told on the phone. 

Can anyone from VM confirm if they will now try to bill me?