forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
acg1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing customer service and poor wifi

I have tried multiple times to contact the Virgin media team to try and help. Not once have i managed to get through to them. Wifi is not working and was promised extra fast wifi, however it fails to produce little, if any wifi. Weak poor connection, weak security and useless support team. I have tried every form of help support suggested on the website and none have worked. It is totally unprofessional and very poor customer service. It is not hard to send a member of the Virgin team to solve the problem, or fit a new wifi box, or even get somebody to call me back. Very disappointed and will be leaving virgin if this problem is not solved. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointing customer service and poor wifi

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed at all.

What are your wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
acg1234
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are 40 when you are standing 1m away from the router. They are meant to be 400/500 as I was told when it was installed. It is mainly the customer service i am disappointed by as I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get hold of someone and every time i am left on hold for over 45 minutes and then cut off. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is no guarantee for Wifi speed at all.

So again, what are your wired speeds in order to rule out a connection issue?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
acg1234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As stated in my previous answer the wired speeds are 40. Although that is not why I am posting. I am posting to report the disappointing customer service and lack of help i have received. Thank you for your concern but i don’t think that’s what i’m looking for. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You said “standing one metre away”. That sounds more like a wireless Speedtest.

Are you using a gigabit enabled device with a CAT5E or better cable when doing the test?

0 Kudos
Paulb1978
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same problems.  Have been for some time. Im paying for 200mbs but averaging 20-30 at best. Sick to death of resetting my router just to establish a connection. Im currently on hold to speak to them, just answered after 45 mins!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

post your own thread with details of the problem and someone can try and help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos