Menu
Liger
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Devices showing connected to booster and hub?

Hi All,

I have a couple of queries which I will post here, the first one is about the Wifi booster. I had a couple of black spots upstairs (hub 3 is downstairs), Virgin sent a wifi booster which has arrived and been installed.

Today I'm getting slower than usual speeds upstairs on a few of the wifi devices. Having checked the Virgin Connect app I can see a number of devices as showing connected to both the hub 3 and the booster? Is this normal behavior?

The other issue I have been having is that since I upgraded to the 350mb service, the wifi shows as connected but there is no throughput. I called and was asked to reset the hub3 which I have done, but the issue is intermittent so could not sit and wait for it to replicate the same behaviors, which it has done since.

Ethernet connectivity doesn't seem to be affected so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any advice or pointers it would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Devices showing connected to booster and hub?

Can you check your speeds with the hub in modem mode using speedtest.net with only one device connected to the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos