cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices missing from connected devices Hub 3

mikechalmers
Joining in

I have devices connected by wifi and by ethernet cable. At least one computer that I can verify is connected (available via ssh) but is not listed in the modem's connected devices.

The local IP is not listed (it ends 18) but several others appear, including a laptop connected twice (wifi and ethernet).

Any clue why an ethernet-connected computer might not be visible? Could it be the device's firewall or would that not affect this?

It's not a huge issue as port-forwarding still works and there are other ways for me to get the local IP, but I'd like to know the answer if anyone can tell me.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Not listed in the modem's connected devices is wrong its the hub's.

How would a hub know what is connected if the device does not say what it is.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Captain Snarky Comments

I think you know I meant the hub, no need to be condescending  

The device used to be listed and now it's not. The hub knows what every single device is that connects by their network name. One connected device isn't appearing in the list of connected devices.

The list is wrong its a bug but at least it has internet.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay no worries, thanks for your reply. M

Hi there @mikechalmers

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your listed devices, just to confirm was this showing previously but the device has now disappeared? 

Thanks again

Hi @Ashleigh_C - that is correct, device used to be visible in connected devices but now is not.

I thought it might have been due to the firewall on the device, but I disabled it and it still doesn't show on the hub admin.

The device itself has internet connection (via ethernet directly to the hub) and has a local IP, so it's not a huge deal but it's a little inconvenient and I also would rather see all the connected devices to properly manage the network rather than just some devices.

There's a possibility other devices don't show, but it was only because I was looking for this one to directly connect to it that I discovered it wasn't appearing on the connected devices.

Thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM hubs are not designed for users to manage their LAN network. If you want to do proper network management you need to get your own network equipment, as many users on the board have done.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2