Menu
Rachaelm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device connection dropping

Anyone have any suggestions? Virgins tests say our internet is working fine, but we have multiple wifi devices connected and they are forever dropping out and losing connection. I've read on the forums that someone had their router change from a hub2 to a hub3 and the engineer didn't change the power supply which caused a problem. We had ours changed and the power supply wasn't changed. Is lt possible the power supply is an issue? Or shall I just go with getting my own router and change the hub to modem mode? Fed up of having to reboot it at least once a day, if not more. And I don't think it's the devices as it will drop them all at the same time

0 Kudos
Rachaelm
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device connection dropping

So no one from Virgin wants to help me then? It's not an internet issues as a wired connection is fine. It's just wireless.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No ISP, VM included, actually supports WiFi their involvement ends at the hub. That said, there re various ways to improve your WiFi, but nothing is guaranteed.  The Hub3 is far from being a good WiFi device. The best way if you mainly rely on WiFi is to buy a good quality Wireless Access Point, these will work with any ISP should you change your provider in the future. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Rachaelm
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We do mainly use wifi yes. Literally the only thing connected via Ethernet is the Hive hub.

Been looking at routers and read a few threads but still undecided what to do. Found one that looks good, but £95 is a lot to fork out if it isn't as good as I think

0 Kudos