cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied access to websites on Lyrical Host

JCHell
On our wavelength

Why won't you let me connect with anything hosted on Lyrical Host, a website hosting company? I can access these sites when I switch to my mobile data, using any browser. I have no setting that would be a factor it's not because of a VPN or anything else on my end, because if it was. The problem lies with virgin media but they won't do anything to resolve it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JCHell wrote:

How do I change my DNS settings?

What device/OS are you using?

I can probably help with Windows but if you are on Android mobile or Apple kit you will need to Google or wait for someone else to chip in.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is your ip address being blocked by them?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

JCHell
On our wavelength

Virgin media use a dynamic IP address and not a static one, so that shouldn't be the problem 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JCHell wrote:

Virgin media use a dynamic IP address and not a static one, so that shouldn't be the problem 

A dynamic IP but one which does not change very often (can remain the same for years).

What error messages are you getting when you try to connect?

JCHell
On our wavelength

"This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in www.lyricalhost.com.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you tried changing your DNS settings?

There is a blockbuster topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WIX-Domain-website-issue-Fault-Ticket-F0101...

about some problems (reportedly for customers in north London) accessing Wix websites (though other hosts have been mentioned too).

JCHell
On our wavelength

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JCHell wrote:

What device/OS are you using?

I can probably help with Windows but if you are on Android mobile or Apple kit you will need to Google or wait for someone else to chip in.

JCHell
On our wavelength

Android on my phone, win 10 on mini PC, and win 11 on laptop

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Try the options for Windows here. Try the manual settings for (say) Cloudflare on your Win 11 laptop and see if you can access the site.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

By default the settings will be set to automatic (which will pick up VM's DNS, which might be causing the problem)

You can specify a primary DNS and alternate DNS by manually typing them in. The article gives you options for Cloudflare, Google and Open DNS (primary and alternates)

If it works you can decide if you want to leave those manual settings in place while VM sort the problem before reverting back to the automatic settings if VM sorts it out.

You don't need to add more than the one set for the purposes of testing - item 11 to 15 (optional)