cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denial of Service letter

simonstein
Just joined

Hi, I got one of those letter saying my home network may have been used in a Dos attack? It's dated the 26th may and the attack was logged for the 22nd. Not really sure what to do other than do some deep scans on my PC and android phone.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

g0akc
Problem sorter

@simonstein wrote:

Hi, I got one of those letter saying my home network may have been used in a Dos attack? It's dated the 26th may and the attack was logged for the 22nd. Not really sure what to do other than do some deep scans on my PC and android phone.

Indeed run those scans - and the advice in previous post 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi simonstein, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's really great having you with us in the Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been a victim of a DoS attack. The link Cardiffman281 has given you has lots of information there on how to protect yourself from future attacks so it really is worth going through the page. 

If you have any further queries or any specific questions, pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs