Menu
Katona
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Default Gateway not available

Hi,

I've been using SuperFibre 50 for about a month now and have been having consistent issues with the connection. When using wi-fi from a computer, the connection drops about once an hour. The fix is simple - I run Windows Network Diagnostics/Troubleshooter and the issue is almost always the same - 'The default gateway is not available'. Occasionally I will get a different error first (an issue with the DNS that the troubleshooter cannot fix, or an error with the wi-fi adapter), but a second run of the troubleshooter always ends with the gateway issue being fixed.

It's obviously not ideal to have internet dropping, and I've noticed that this issue is only on my desktop; I can use the wi-fi without issue on my phone from the same room without issue. I'm using the Hub 3.0, but as the Hub and the computer are on different floors of the house, an ethernet cable is not ideal. If anybody has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I've noticed I'm not the only person to have this issue, but none of the other threads reporting it have ended with the poster confirming that the problem was solved.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default Gateway not available

Each house has its WiFi characteristics that differ from other types of house. You may be going through a wall and a ceiling/floor and the signal becomes attenuated. The best way of getting round this is to deploy a pair of Powerline adaptors; one is connected to your Hub 3 and plugged into a mains wall socket; the other, WiFi enabled is plugged into a wall,socket upstairs and this provides WiFi to your computer.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Katona
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've temporarily plugged an ethernet cable in and the problem seems to be fixed. Unfortunately because of the positions of the Hub and the PC, this isn't a permanent solution, but it at least suggests that you're right about interference from the walls/floors. I'll look into Powerline adaptors and hopefully report back soon. Thank you for a quick response!

0 Kudos
csalmeida
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have experienced the same issue once a Hub 3.0 was installed. Running the Windows Network Diagnostics/Troubleshooter fixes it for 5 minutes. Same reason, 'The default gateway is not available'. Resetting the Hub keeps the connection up for longer and I still do not know why this happens.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Csalmeida,

Thanks for raising this connection issue with the Hub 3 on our Community.

We'd like to help but we need to know if it's just the WiFi connections that keeps dropping out? How is your wired connection performing? If it's the WiFi connection only, there could be various factors that can affect the strength of WiFi signal in a household.

Have you also tried to use the Connect App to scan the household and see if there's any weak or dead spots in the house?

Here are tips that you can use to optimise the connection.

Please let us know how the services are doing now so we can help further.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos