Menu
Gertie58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dead spot in house

Hi

can anyone help me to sort out a dead spot in my bungalow? I am unable to connect to the internet when in my kitchen. I’m not technically minded so don’t know where to start to resolve this problem. If anyone can give me advice using simple plain language I would be really grateful.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead spot in house

Presumably you mean by wifi? What Hub model do you have (printed on its base sticker)?  What devices are you trying to connect in there?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

assuming you mean WIFI.
well WIFI coverage is a bit of a dark art, there is no one "catch-all" solution.

you could try moving the hub slightly to see if that improves things - that the easiest thing to try but the success rate will be low depening on how much you can move it.

other than that you'd need to look at WIFI boosters.
0 Kudos
Gertie58
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a Hub 3.0

VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM

0 Kudos
Gertie58
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can’t move the hub as it only has a short cable from the entry point to the property. Can I get a booster from VM?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You could ask VM if they can send you a longer co-ax cable - they may do that for you - but might want to charge £99 for a tech visit to do it.

You can get VM boosters - but dependent on what package you have they may charge monthly for them.

You could also get your own wifi equipment as a one of purchase.
If you do that you should get a 1Gb cable wifi router or a wireless access point both will perform way better than a booster (although maybe that's all you may need)

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gertie58,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry this post hasn't been answered sooner, and that you've been having issues with your Wi-Fi service in your kitchen.

Have you managed to get this resolved or is it still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos
Gertie58
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

No, problem hasn’t been resolved.

0 Kudos