cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Spots WiFi

shaunwwfc
Tuning in

Want to keep this short and sweet because I am literally close to throwing all the kit out the window. If I could understand any word of what any department says, I would be through to department that deals with leavers, I mean seriously, do any agents on customer service speak even remotely English??

That rant aside, I have dead spots in the house for my WiFi. I have tried everything. The painful customer service. Painful app. Everything. It all points to a booster being needed (or pod, or extender, or powerline.. Whatever they want to phrase it as this week) so pretty please, can someone, anyone be a guardian angel and help me get one?

This is my last attempt. I honestly have no idea what else to do. For two months my life has been borderline misery because of Virgin because I am predominantly, WFH. I am really regretting switching to Virgin two months ago and as I say, if I could speak to anyone on the phone that isn't presumably in Singapore or Baghdad with very little English or understanding of Broadband so each call ends the same horrible circle, I would be back to Sky which whilst was a much slower speed, at least transmitted the signal across the house better.

Please someone help. Please is there someone from Virgin here?!?!?! 

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

A red or magenta light is normal for modem mode. 

What setting did you use in the router for WAN connection type? 

Ah ok, fair enough 

I used Access Point mode, which is default and the setup I require, least I believe. 

@shaunwwfc 

You can't use modem mode on the VM hub as what you have purchased is just a WiFi access point and not a router as well. Leave the hub in normal router mode but switch off the wifi on it, connect the access point via ethernet and set it up.

By the way, what speed internet connection are you paying for? The reason I ask is that the AP you have purchased only has a 10/100 Mb/s ethernet port so that'll limit the speeds you can get over WiFi on any devices.

Right, so that does explain alot, thank you jem101!

Will try exactly that right now

The speed i am paying for is upto 100mbps

Ok.. Now bare with me.. 

Aside from resetting, is there a way to turn off modem mode? I have reset and no joy 

Good Afternoon @shaunwwfc, are you possibly able to provide us with an update on the status of your services?

Have you since been able to get the router out of modem mode, since the reset was performed on the hub to complete the diagnostics provided by @jem101?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn