cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Spots WiFi

shaunwwfc
Tuning in

Want to keep this short and sweet because I am literally close to throwing all the kit out the window. If I could understand any word of what any department says, I would be through to department that deals with leavers, I mean seriously, do any agents on customer service speak even remotely English??

That rant aside, I have dead spots in the house for my WiFi. I have tried everything. The painful customer service. Painful app. Everything. It all points to a booster being needed (or pod, or extender, or powerline.. Whatever they want to phrase it as this week) so pretty please, can someone, anyone be a guardian angel and help me get one?

This is my last attempt. I honestly have no idea what else to do. For two months my life has been borderline misery because of Virgin because I am predominantly, WFH. I am really regretting switching to Virgin two months ago and as I say, if I could speak to anyone on the phone that isn't presumably in Singapore or Baghdad with very little English or understanding of Broadband so each call ends the same horrible circle, I would be back to Sky which whilst was a much slower speed, at least transmitted the signal across the house better.

Please someone help. Please is there someone from Virgin here?!?!?! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy. Let us know how you get on. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Virgin media hub WiFi is notoriously feeble and you are better off using ethernet cable connections as far as possible and/or using your own premium router with the hub in modem mode. 

You could order a pod but there may be a charge see https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

Virgin media customer service is dire but the forum staff can be helpful. 

Thank you very much for the reply @Cardiffman281

I have just gone and pulled the plug on the below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LWUJU8H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Answer to my problems perhaps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup have seen good reviews of that model on here and great price.  You should notice a real difference. Only query would be some of the Amazon reviews suggest a hidden need for some sort of Netgear subscription. Let's hope that's not the case and good luck. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy. Let us know how you get on. 

Will do. Have Monday off so will have a play about. Presumably, will be turning on only Modem mode on Virgin Hub, then setting up the TP Link as an Access Point to it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shaunwwfc,

Welcome to our Community Forums. I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble when contacting us regarding your connection. I can see you've gone ahead and purchased a 3rd-Party Access Point, as mentioned previously. Have you managed to get this installed? How are you getting on with it?

If you have any further issues, we may not be able to support 3rd-Party Equipment, but we can always run checks to ensure your network connection is working.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

So having installed the TP Link, making the Virgin Hub "Modem Mode" 

I am now getting a red light and no Internet

Help anyone?

I am a patient man, but Virgin is really beginning to test it.