cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Hub

pippincp
Problem sorter

I don't know if it is the hub or the power supply but my hub is dead.. No lights mo connection no nothing. Can someone arrange a replacement.

Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please note: I have no connection with Virgin Media. All posts are my own opinion only.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
all it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
all it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply. It's sad to see VM support has not changed. I rang them this morning and still had to go through all the hoops for him to confirm I have no connection.

I now have to wait until Dec 1st for an engineer to act as a courier. They cannot send a replacement hub, as usual the simple solution is not available.

Hopefully one of the VM guys will drop in and offer the simple solution. I can't see why it should be so hard. Why need an engineer to confirm what I already know. send out a new hub with a return label for the old one. They can then test and refurbish (if they wish), problem solved.

I used to be quite active here some years ago so still have faith in the VM guys here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please note: I have no connection with Virgin Media. All posts are my own opinion only.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I think its new VM "policy". They (like others) are having shortages of electronic equipment at the moment and so are reluctant to simply swap Hubs without having a Tech to visit and assess whether the fault can be fixed "in situ". Thus preserving stock.

Situation may change when Hub supplies return to normal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi Pippincp.

Welcome and thank you for posting on our forums.

Sorry, we cannot send out replacement hubs as deliveries anymore. It has to be a tech visit in order to install the hub. 

Please click this 👉 link to track or change date and time of the tech visit. Please keep an eye out for any earlier slots that may come available. 

Please let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can do to help.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide