Menu
RobRobster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Daily outages after Hub 3 replace

So after some outages, and a high error count being shown, VM replaced my hub with another Hub 3.
It worked well for a week.
Now I'm getting regular outages. Not getting a high error count as before. Instead my Hub just starts blinking and showing random green lights.

Sometimes it allows me to connect to the hub (192.168..) where it asks for a language and shows it is being updated. But this never seems to complete and I normally have to reboot it to get connectivity .

Interestingly my recent Virgin Media report says I've been updated to a Hub 4 (I haven't)  
I tend to use hardwired as well as wireless, so I know it is not just wifi issues.

I've had BBM monitoring and end up with lots of lovely red bars.

BB1.pngBB2.png

I'm currently tethering via my mobile, as I'm down again

Anyone seen anything similar ?

Rob

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily outages after Hub 3 replace

Try this see if it helps...

Do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

Then, Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @RobRobster

Thanks for posting back on here and sorry to hear you're having some ongoing issues still. 

If you could answer @jbrennand post that would be fab so we can get a clearer idea on this. 

Do these outages also happen on all devices or is it just some? Do they drop with wired connection as well? 

From looking at your account, there are no faults or outages and everything does look okay to me, but please do just answer these questions so we can get a clearer understanding. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RobRobster
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

These outages were the Hub 3.0. All connections, wired or wireless were down 

This is why I was using Broadband Monitor to monitor the hub itself for outages.

In the last week things have improved and I've hardly had any outages. Just the odd glitch.

I'll keep an eye this week and see what occurs

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RobRobster,

It certainly is strange.

If things have improved in the last week that's good to hear. However do keep us posted with how things go this week as you say, so we can diagnose these issues further if they do reoccur. We'll be happy to arrange an engineer visit if needed.

Kind regards,

Beth