Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 31 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily disconnections

I have the exact same problem as you and i'm struggling to work from home and missing multiple meetings. VM really need to investigate as I spend hours waiting on the phone to escalate. They need to acknowledge this is a wider issue as multiple users are impacted. Also have you managed to test the hub in router mode to see if the issue still occurs? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 32 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Appears to be a pretty common issue. If it weren't for some of the great people on the forum spending their spare time sifting through our stats to help people for free then it would be far worse.

Yes I have tried almost every combination of configuration I could think of. Nothing helps as its clearly an issue on their side which they cannot workout how to fix. I will be up to my 5th engineers visit to fix the same problem on Thurday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 33 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I've just got of the phone from the VM tech team who have advised that it might be worth lowering my speed to see if my connection stabilises. i will let you know if that help as I'm willing to do anything stop these dropouts so i can get some work done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 34 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks mate, i know how you feel, would be good to know if that helps you. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 35 of 37
Flag for a moderator

So far after the speed reduction i have had no disconnections during my working day.

My broadband speeds was reduced from 350mb to 100mb.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 36 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it. Is that the most stable youve had it? Is this going to be a perminant solution for you? If so will they be reducing your bill?

Its a really shameful youve had to do this to get a connection which doesnt drop out. Makes me laugh theyre rolling out 1gb, can only offer you a tenth of that!

I may well need to do this myself as they have come up with no answers as to what the problem is.

Seb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Sph100.

We can see since we last checked an area fault has been raised in regards to SNR. I'll include the information on this below.

Reference: F008392024

Estimated repair time: 16 SEP 2020 16:15

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos