cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS error

JustJodie
Joining in

My connection to one specific site has this evening stopped working, and im getting the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in my browser.  The address i'm trying to reach is https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum

the address im trying to reach is a forum page, like this one, for the Wargaming.net group of games. World of Warhips/Tanks.

Also, the game program itself will not connect to their servers.  There have been no updates and nothing has changed.

However, If I switch on my VPN (which I don't use when playing as it gives lag) then I can connect to the forum and play the game. 

So have Virgin blocked access to that site and servers, or is there something simple im missing?.  Ive tried all the other bookmarks in my browser and they are all fine, even with vpn off. Wargaming.net is running fine by all accounts.

6 REPLIES 6

rockies
Dialled in

Same happening here, get a lot of website not found or the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Like above when using VPN sites work 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Guess VM are blocking lots of stuff with web safe now change your DNS on your device to use 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or see if you can turn off web safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------

rockies
Dialled in

Tried changing the DNS servers but didn't help. It does however look like it has resolved itself as the sites are back working 

Cosmo1
Joining in

Same thing here Jodie, cannot get levels on my pass cause VM decided to block the sites.
I got in touch with xbox supp and when they handed me over the site for wg it appeared by unreachable.
I tried to change the DNS address but still the same.
You cannot reach anything wargaming related apparently.
Hope it will be solved soon

Cosmo1
Joining in

I did what @Legacy1 said below and changed the DNS address to 8888 1111 to IPV4 and all is good now, try to do the same,
Might work

Client62
Hero

If changing the DNS to a Public DNS re-gains access to a website, Child Safe is Enabled in the Virgin Media online account.