cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECO M4 is solid red after Modem mode

rudainy6
Tuning in

Hello!

So I've invested in a mesh system ( M4 3 routers )

Ive connected them and followed the instructions, everything went well EXCEPT that when the main hub suddenly reboots or wifi stops working, my M4 stops working too..

I've had to install this several times because of the hub 3.0 rebooting or crashing, ( I have no idea anymore)

My main issue is, Ive done everything as requested but once I put my hub in modem mode, my Deco router goes solid red and even after rebooting its still Red.

Im out of options and I've put the deco router as access point, The only issue is I DONT WANT To pollute to airways. I'm just so out of options

Help ;c

3 REPLIES 3

Z92
Trouble shooter

Even though the router is meant to be magenta after switching to modem mode, to most people it appears as red. As long as it's in a well ventilated area and isn't hot to the touch and working normally, it's fine to leave it in this state.

If it concerns you, you can leave it in router mode and simply disable the WiFi in the options.

Hello!

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the Deco is solid Red, I know that the Hub should be Red after putting it on Modem mode.

have you had it successfully up and running in modem mode at all?

there's a specific sequence required to get MM set up  - try doing the following;

Log into the hub on http://192.168.0.1 and select the option to put the hub into modem mode
The hub will then reboot and come back up in modem mode - give it five minutes to settle down
Disconnect all ethernet cables from the hub
Power off the Hub and your router/mesh system
Connect your router/mesh system to the hub via ethernet cable and switch it on - leave it five minutes to settle down
Power on the hub and leave it five minutes to settle down