cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer services is a joke

terrymyers1974
Joining in

I've got a an old faulty hub3 that needs replacing and they insist that I have to upgrade my account to get a hub 4. Yet virgins website says they are in the process of rolling out hub5.

On top of that they have been charging me calls on my landline for the past year and I don't even have a landline telephone!! About £5 a month on average.  Imagine they do that to another 200,000 people.  A tidy profit of 12million per year.  That's theft.

I called to complain, was put through to 3 different people and the third person cut me off. They called back again and immediately hung up, just to show that they tried to call back. 

Complete joke. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If the hub is faulty, VM are obliged by consumer protection legislation to replace it at their own cost.  And if they're charging you for calls you're not making, they need to stop that, refund all previous charges, and compensate you for the hassle and stress, and poor customer service.  I'll flag for forum staff to advise, if they can sort this out that's your quickest and easiest outcome. 

If in say a week the company has not sorted out a generous settlement that covers all of those matters, then we can explain how to hold the company to account using the industry complaints adjudication scheme.  That will be slower (a couple of months from start to finish) but it will be effective.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Changing hub won't necessarily improve your VM connection In the case of the Hub 5 it may well make it worse. AFAIK the Hub 5 is still not capable of carrying the VM landline service. It is a trial device.

The matter of phantom phone call charges is mentioned regularly on the forums (on average about 4 times per month). If you use a conventional telephone wall socket a 'crossed line' is often found to be the cause. Often users who experience this do not have a phone plugged in.

For more help on here, you'll need to post some more details about the issues. What are the specific problems with the hub (wi-fi problems, problems with the connection in general, slow speeds)?

In the case of the phantom phone call charges, can you see from your bill what the charges are being generated for? There are certain patterns to the charges (times of day, duration of calls, number codes being dialled) which can help identify them as phantom calls. VM will generally send out a tech to investigate these issues.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If the hub is faulty, VM are obliged by consumer protection legislation to replace it at their own cost.  And if they're charging you for calls you're not making, they need to stop that, refund all previous charges, and compensate you for the hassle and stress, and poor customer service.  I'll flag for forum staff to advise, if they can sort this out that's your quickest and easiest outcome. 

If in say a week the company has not sorted out a generous settlement that covers all of those matters, then we can explain how to hold the company to account using the industry complaints adjudication scheme.  That will be slower (a couple of months from start to finish) but it will be effective.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

why do you think your hub3 is faulty - a poor connection if thats what it is can be caused by many things - the least likely is a faulty hub so give some more details

however if it is proved to be faulty it will be changed - you do not need to upgrade for that to happen - sounds like you have been talking to la la land that is offshore

describe the problem and post some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for your sound advice. 

I've decided to cancel. I'm halving my bill with a move to sky. 

The service and policies of virgin are ridiculous and frustrating. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @terrymyers1974,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing ongoing issues with your broadband connection and with your landline charges! 

I'm here to help. I was able to look into our systems and run some checks on your power levels. At the moment, I cannot see any power level issues that could be causing your connection issues. Can you tell us a little more about what connection issues you're experiencing and if they are impacting your wired and WiFi connections? Have you tried to reset your Hub or view our WiFi Connection Issues page on our website for more help on how to resolve this issue? 

In regards to your potential crossed line, can you tell me if the amount of calls, or the length of the calls are consistent across multiple bills? Has this issue shown up on your most recent bill as well? Have you checked that your landline is connected correctly? We'll be more than happy to investigate further once we have more information on this. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs