cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create second network

Whizzykid
Joining in

Hello,

I’ve got a hub 3. Today I had a technician round to replace it as I’ve been having some horrible problems with connection. 

New hub means having to set everything up again, no big deal was east the first time….

This time it’s not possible to create a second network like I had before. I have a bunch of smart home stuff that only runs on 2.4g. So I created a network for that and then another for 5g for everything else. Seems like now you can create a new network but it’s just removes the original network…. Seems pointless creating a new network if all it does is replace the SSID and Password. That’s not creating a new one 

23351E6E-F417-47D7-B105-C6C511C9AED1.jpeg

Can anyone help before I totally lose the plot (I’m 2 hours in now and I’ve been round in circles so many times)

please help!!

6 REPLIES 6

logout
Joining in

Just to confirm what you're trying to do - are you looking to leave the current 2.4 wifi network as is, combined with the 5 doing band steering etc, and create a separate 2.4 just for your IoT stuff? Or are you trying to change the current 2.4 to just IoT, and use the 5 as your "main" network?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
It was never a true second network it be on the same network if SSID was different for 2.4g and 5g
---------------------------------------------------------------

Turns out this can't be done in the app anymore. I found it in the router settings under advanced > wireless > security. I can set my 2.4 and 5 networks to have different SSIDs and paswords

Hi @Whizzykid

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having issues making changes to your Network. 

We are glad to see you were able to set this up eventually. You can also find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-broadband

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for this totally useless link that tells me nothing about setting up separate wifi networks 👍🏼 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Whizzykid, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry about this.
How is it looking did you manage to creat the second network?
Zoie