cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy fluctuations in upload speeds

rf96
On our wavelength

over the last 2/3 weeks i have been experiencing some ridiculous fluctuations in my upload speeds, I can run 3 speed tests in a row and they will range anywhere from 0.1mbps to 30mbps+ in the space of a few minutes. I stream (or atleast used to...) games online and am currently unable to do this properly as the majority of the frames in the stream get lost which means my stream is constantly skipping frames and is very buggy. 

This isn't only happening at peak times, it happens every time i attempt to check speeds

I am on the M350 package. Yes, I am using a wired connection.. I also am not using other devices at the same time, I have a PC and that is all that is being used. I have never had issues before becuase it is usually a constant 25 - 32 mbps average I don't know what to do about it, it is unbelievably annoying because it is basically stopping my second source of income

17 REPLIES 17

rf96
On our wavelength

strange because every time i use the service checker it says there are no issues... But i know that's not the case. It's just annoying because it has completely stopped me from doing what has become my second source of income for the past year.

Thank you for the replay anyway - hopefully it is rectified soon

Thanks for your reply, some issues such as SNT issues don't always show in the checker site. However, we will be working to get this sorted as quickly as possible.

rf96
On our wavelength

any news on this?

Hi rf96

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear it's not sorted. I've looked into this for you today and I am sorry to advise the estimated fix date has been extended to the 2nd August 2021, at 1pm. The fault reference for your records is F009161537.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

rf96
On our wavelength

How do i use this fault number? What am i meant to do with it?

The fault number is more for your records really. 

You can ask us to check the ticket reference at anytime as well and we'll be more than happy to help

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

rf96
On our wavelength

I'm assuming this wasn't fixed today then

rf96_0-1627931726999.png

Hi @rf96,

I do apologise but the estimated time of fix has been pushed back unfortunately to 05 AUG 2021 13:00. 

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs