Menu
phill600
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Countless WiFi service interruptions

Hi folks over the last 18 months I have had countless service cut outs on my WiFi which as resulted in poor V6 TV box picture quality.Before I had WiFi I just had virgin media phone which also resulted in a lot of service breakdowns.just recently I have learnt that a neighbour I have not got on with as a family relation who works for virgin media as a service technician and I have a strong feeling that the neighbour I don't get along with is asking there family relation to sabotage my virgin media line. I'm the only person in my road who as had to have virgin media out most of the time when everyone else does not.Who thinks this is feasible and what could be done as I'm considering canceling my virgin media accounts because of the reprobate nextdoor.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Countless WiFi service interruptions

Would need to check the signal levels if could go to http://192.168.0.1 or if using modem mode http://192.168.100.1 clicking router status top right or bottom of page depending on hub [no need to login - depending on hub] and if could copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log, don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.. try and avoid using screen shots..

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Voltrevex
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve had the same issue, it’s  not your neighbour. It’s virgin media’s inability to fill up to promises. Switch services. Trust me.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also, you say WiFi service problems, have you any Ethernet cable connected devices?

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil600,

We have no control over your wifi, that is purely down to the environment the router is in.

Have you tried a cabled connection to see if this is purely down to the wifi?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos