cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous red light on router

Wzht2505
Joining in

My router has a constant red light. I have restarted it and reset it and it is still solid red. It went green initially after the reset and then back to red. Please can someone help? Do I need a new router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A persistant red LED after a power cycle is a failing overheat warning.  The Hub should be replaced by VM.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A persistant red LED after a power cycle is a failing overheat warning.  The Hub should be replaced by VM.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wzht2505,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have a solid Red light on your Router after a power cycle, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues, if you still have a Red light I will be happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, if needed click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.